George Boxill says he has unreleased Prince tracks from 2006 – 2008.
Prince‘s estate has won a legal fight with producer George Boxill over a collection of previously unreleased music from the singer.
The producer previously said that he wanted to release a collection of tracks that he worked on with Prince between 2006 – 2008.
However, the singer’s estate sued to prevent him putting out the music, and according to TMZ, they’ve won the battle.
In documents filed by the estate, it’s shown that Boxill was given a deadine of January 23, 2018 to respond to the lawsuit, but he never did.
So, the estate are now asking the court to sign off the injunction that will block him from releasing the tunes.
This comes just days after Prince’s estate announced its own plans to release previously unheard tracks.
The estate’s entertainment advisor, Troy Carter Princes’s promised that ‘there will be unreleased Prince music coming soon’ and that it’s ‘mind-blowing’.
The legendary singer died in April 2016 and is thought to have left behind a huge archive of unreleased music in his home studio.
Back in December it was reported that five pristine vinyl copies of his ‘Black Album’ had been discovered – with three of them selling for up to $20,000 (£15,000).
An exhibition dedicated to the singer – ‘My Name is Prince’ – opened at London’s The O2 last November, closing earlier this month. Take a tour around the exhibit here.